Sunday, February 10, 2013

updates and milestones


Updates 


*Our stainless steel hood arrived and is mounted for the time being.  I forgot to tell Dave that because I custom built the depth of the cabinet above we needed to hang it slightly away from the wall. We also need to iron on the banding to the edge before we re-mount it as well as get the doors on so we can see how much it needs to come out.

*So I thought I got all the rails and stiles cut that we needed for the custom cabinets and then when I brought the boards in the double check I cut over half of them wrong somehow. Bad news we have no more wood so we will have to order more plus re-cut. Man why can i just not slow down and take the time to make sure I'm doing things right before I cut more. A errrr weakness of my nature!

* We have snow and more snow

*I have a month and a half left and I feel the pressure.  I have about 20 meals in the freezer but I'm realizing that I will not have enough room for all the meals that I want to make for after the baby comes.
I also have about 30 lbs of meat in the fridge that I need to assemble into meals and get in the freezer in the next few days.

* Dave is crazy busy at work and believes he has come to another Fork in the road. What is happening at work right now could take his work life in a very different direction, or things could plug away somewhat the same. He feels the monumentousness of this time and is not always with us even when he's home. It can defiantly have a one track mind.

Milestones


Brielle

* We went an entire day with out any accidents with our potty training. I started this second time around with the every 20 min. method and we didn't have a success all day. I thought about what I needed to do differently and I realized with her personality that she wanted to be in charge and do it her way.

So the next day I let her decide if she wanted to wear under ware. I let her decided when she was going to sit on the potty and for how long. It worked. Yes we are still having accidents but we are having way more successes. She does still wear a diaper during nap time and night time.

She can decide when she needs to go, run into the bathroom, pull down here under ware, sit on the little potty, do her business, pull her undies back on, flush the business down the big toilet, and come out and proudly announce that she "did it!" We are working on using hand sanitizer after but the pump is broken she she comes out with it and asks me to help her with her "hands"

*She continues to be my little mother and a half, often telling Keiton phrases like chew and be soft before I even get a chance.

* Brielle is also starting to say my name Bri-det a lot especially if I don't respond fast enough to mommy.

* Brielle is recognizing more letters, and shapes all the time and can almost count to 10. She is still struggling with 7. She has about 8 colors down.

* when she sings her favorite songs she is starting to add more words to the song.

* I can't believe my little girl turns 2 this week.

* she will do things like tell me she wants a peanut butter sandwich and proceed to get all of the ingredients out of the drawer to make one.

* she loves to peel her own clementines.

Keiton

* He has made a ton of progress with his willingness to help and is almost a better picker upper then Brielle right now.

*He defiantly says Brielle's name now and it is so sweet.

* He is starting to now more animals names and sounds. He is starting to repeat more colors.

* He is stringing more words into short sentences.

* He is getting much better at puzzles and figuring things out on his own.

*He likes to "zip it" and zip up his own pj's

*Keiton wants to sit on the toilet every time we change his diaper and sometimes it's for less then a second but hey will take the interest even when it can be draining.

Twice he has sat down before I could get in and help him and peed straight out in front of him. At least it's in the bathroom and a little easier to clean up.

No comments:


getti's