Sunday, October 28, 2012

words

Keiton is starting to slowly add to his vocabulary. He says; baby, daddy, mommy, more, the inflections of -here you go, hi, stuck and eye.

 Keiton has banged his lip a few times. He is starting to have an interested in a baby doll and Brielle's special teddy which has caused a lot of contention.

Keiton is our "little adrenaline freak" as my dad would say. He take his bike to the top of our hill in are back yard and speeds down it on his bike. He has had a few biffs but just gets back on and rides down again. Sometimes Brielle is the helper and pushes Keiton on his bike back up the hill but usually he just screams stuck and wants mom or dad to help him get back to the top of the hill. He also likes to venture as far away from mom as fast as possible as soon as I let him out the front door.

One day I let them out of the car after a grocery shopping trip and when inside to put the perishables away and when I came back out they both were gone I couldn't see them anywhere and started to panic. I was running around and screaming their names. Finally I found them 3 houses down playing in their toy house. I now know I can't let them out of my sight for more then a min.














We tried on Brielle's Halloween costume to make sure it fit and she fell in love with it. She kept her hood on all evening and the next morning she found her costume and hugged it and started carrying it around. She loved it so much I felt we had to go and do something so she could stay in it. Our local grocery store had a little activity that the kids had a good time going to. Keiton's costume didn't fit so we scrambled and pulled together a cowboy costume and we carried most of the costume around the rest of the evening because he didn't want to wear it. I think Brielle was able to handle her hood all night because she has a cowboy hat of Dave's that she puts on and off all day. She really loves those hats.

Brielle changed her own poppy diaper this week. I went in after her nap and she was sitting without her pants or diaper, on the floor. In the middle of the room was the poppy diaper with one dirty wipe and scattered around the rest of the room was every last wipe that had been left in the container, all with some pop on them. When I checked her she had very little residua on her bum and non on her hands. I did find some on her coat, the carpet and the humidifier. She has sense undressed and taken her diaper off a few other times, non others quite like this first time.

Brielle has been more consistent with going the potty in the toilet. I think if I was consistent with asking her if she wanted to go she'd have it down within a week. Her favorite time to go is when daddy is using the restroom and they commiserate together and laugh at each other's bodily noises. I think they are having a lot of quality bonding time.

Brielle is also obsessed with getting her own drink and oven drinks for Keiton as well. It seems like more offten then not we have water all over our floor.

We had a first case of croup and it was a scary night but luckily we got a steroid pill and we only had one night of it.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Oh my goodness! That self-diaper change story is hilarious. Probably not so funny to you at the time, but maybe in a few years it will be funny to go back and read. Kaden isn't even remotely interested in using the potty. Good job, Brielle!

kjirsti said...

I was thinking the same thing Katie. Scotter knows what a potty is, that's about it! How hilarious. (Now I'm worried about coming to stay, is she going to teach Scotland to do that?- wink wink!)


getti's