Tuesday, October 27, 2009

first snow

I'm not sure if I'm going to like the winter here. I'm glad that we are down on the flat because every yard you go up the mt the more snow you get. We have enjoyed our fire place and are trying to figure out how to maximize the heat we can get out of it. We haven't tried the chain saw yet but we have been getting advice on where to go and what kind of wood ect. I guess some wood burns a lot hotter then others. I know I'm going to need to stock up on a whole lot more hot chocolate. I need to find some way to make it healthier. Any suggestions. I found a recipe for homemade cocoa mix i'm going to try. That will be a lot cheaper.  
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Jayson & Sara said...

You guys live in such a beautiful place! I hope I can come some day and take lots of pictures!

Anonymous said...

Brigette, try hot drinks made from grains or herbal teas...then sweeten them with Stevia. You could probably grow the Stevia indoors, or buy the Stevia already refined in packets. -auntie holly

Lois said...

We haven't had any snow stick down here (much to my kids' disappointment). Keep warm!

getti said...

Thanks holly I haven't drank alot of herbal teas. My sister is way into them. I'm always nervous about getting one that has stuff in it that is against the word of wisdom.

Lauren and Trevor said...

Wow, snow already. Now you can enjoy your fire even more. You do live in an enchanting area.

Ruth Petersen said...

Wow that's crazy.

Devin

Sabina said...

wow , that really portrays Utah. one post is beautiful fall the next is snowy winter! we miss you come and vist!
from brecklyn

Anonymous said...

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....


getti's