Thursday, January 15, 2009

Life is never as it seems or seemed



It's amazing how we all seem to envision the was life will be and it never turns out that way or at least my life hasn't. I did a pretty good job envisioning my life up until graduation from collage and even that had plenty of twists and then my foresight powers died. I feel like not one aspect of my life is the way I thought it would be. But something was said in sacrament meeting that really hit me and is helping for the time being. The speaker had a brother that was on a mission and everything back home was falling apart things where braking arms legs, cars dishwasher ect. the family was struggling to understand why they where not receiving the blessing that are suppose to come as you support a son on a mission. The missionary turned to the Lord and the answer was these are your blessings.

I am truly blessed in a multitude of ways and I'm sure that the course my life is taking is for the best and i just need to choose to seek the positive. I'm working on making the most of this time I have been given. I'm searching out what will bring feelings of fulfilled and purpose and seeking out what the Lord wants me to do with this time.

I'm starting out the new year on a new foot and I have been pretty good at working out and actually getting ready and doing something with my hair and face in the morning. I think it's helping. I've also been better at really getting into my scriptures and thinking and trying to internalize them. Life is good.

4 comments:

Devin said...

I think that is my greatest fear, not knowing what life or anything really holds.

Lauren and Trevor said...

Brigette,

Thanks for another thoughtful blog. I think one of the blessings of things not turning out as planned is that it often causes us to stop and think, and it is the pausing and the pondering that keeps us close to the Lord. We love you.

Kim And Bruce said...

Hey Brigette,

You were always profound with thought and feelings. I am glad to have reconnected. Send me your email and I will invite you to the Pritchett Blog!

getti said...

Kim

thanks for commenting my email address is getti18@hotmail.com


getti's