Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Things to be thankful for!


The gospel always teaches us to constantly give thanks. As I sit here listening to the couple that lives below us yell at each other and the husband scream with what sounds like hate in his voice, I am profoundly grateful for a husband who has NEVER yelled at me. Yes we get into arguments and don't always understand each other. I did a lot of crying our first year trying to figure out the whole married thing. Now things are great and through all of our frustrating times and times that sometime feel like challenges, and all of our differences in opinion Dave as never Yelled at me or really even Raised his voice. I wish I could say the same for me, but, to day the least I am sooo grateful for his patience and the natural calming effect he has on me. I married a wonderful man that I miss immensely when he is gone.

6 comments:

kjirsti said...

I love your new template! And can I just say you look drop dead gorgeous in this photo. I loved your updates, and was touched by the last entry, about Dave. What a blessing- you got a great guy!
I love you

Lauren and Trevor said...

You guys make such a great couple! Thanks for all of your recent updates and pictures.

Ruth Petersen said...

I love you Getts. You are amazing. Hope your managing the business all right with Dave gone. Wish you were closer so we help. Have you taken Petre out for a spin? Remember your daring,independent,self confident, enjoy a challenge personality, and go for it. Mom

Audrey said...

Derek is not a screamer either. In fact, he's by far the best example when we get into an argument. He apologizes first about 99% of the time I'd say. Of course he is usually wrong 99% of the time too--ha, ha.

Sabina said...

Gets,
So fun to see your updates. I love the pictures, but I definitely think the first is worth framing. I have also been thinking more about being grateful recently. It seems like it is something I always need to be re-reminded of. It makes life so much happier when you are. Are you surviving your widowhood? You are certainly welcome to come up if you need to speak with people. Love you

Unknown said...

Brigette! I saw your link on Sara's blog--hope you don't mind...It's been awhile but i was just thinking of you the ther day, remembering how we were neighbors and how you used to sit on your porch amongst all your plants, which I admired so much! Where do you guys live now?
Laura Marriott


getti's