Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I'm a Widow


It's again the month of September and that means becoming a widow for a month. Dave is off hiking the mountains of the wild wild west. Last year for his birthday I promised him I'd go hunting and I had my fist taste last weekend. I got up at 5 am to the call of the wild. I layered like crazy and wrapped myself in two blankets then ventured out to hear the amazing bugle of elk. I did hear some but nothing to brag about. The evening hunt I bailed out on, and guess what happened. It was one of those magical times with elk bugling all over responding to Dave's realistic call. Then they started coming to the call. Those that were with him bragged about his bugling talent. Who Knew! He was sad that I hadn't been their to witness it with him. Maybe next time :(

1 comment:


getti's