Monday, November 10, 2008

“in the depth of winter, [we find] within [us] an invincible summer.”


“in the depth of winter, [we find] within [us] an invincible summer.” This comes by developing an internal well of faith HOPE and Charity.

The things I have hoped for that have come to pass.

I hoped to be the lead in sleeping beauty
I hoped to get into BYU
I hoped to make Theater Ballet
I hoped to make the Ballroom team
I hoped to get married in the temple
I hoped to find someone that I could cherish for eternity
I hoped to dance abroad
I hoped to make money teaching dance
I hoped to make money with my creations
I hoped to graduate from college


Much of what I have hoped for has come to pass and those things which I hope for now will someday too come to pass.

I hope someday to find the magic of choosing to be happy and finding the positive in life everyday.

I hope to be able to then bring happiness and joy to others lives even in the simplest things.

5 comments:

Devin said...

You have accomplished a lot Getti. That is an amazing picture did you take it yourself? Right now I'm just hoping to fast forward time tell you guys get here. See yeah soon!

Ruth Petersen said...

Keep up the entries. I'm inspired by you message and determination. You are invincible and a ray of sun shine to all of us.

getti said...

Thanks mom I really needed that!

Sabina said...

I love you Gets. I really enjoyed your entry, and insightful approach to waiting. Thanks for sharing and inspiring me. Looking at it that way makes it seem like you can be much more proactive instead of passifly wishing. Can you just hope to survive something or is that lame?

Lauren and Trevor said...

Thanks Brigette for your great thoughts. You made me think of a lot of the things that I have hoped for and continue to hope for in life. I am grateful for your reflections and how you always look at the positive in things. All you Petersen's are good at that!
Love ya, Lauren


getti's